Easy Breakfast Recipes: Scrambled Eggs and Homemade Hashbrowns
Tomorrow is Sunday-- a good day for scrambled eggs and hashbrowns. Want to impress the kids or your significant other? Make a nice Sunday brunch.
Here's what you need:
- 6-8 potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cheyenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- Assorted items to put in the eggs (see below)
Here's what to do for the homemade hashbrowns:
- Scrub the potatoes then dice into cubes
- Coat a Teflon fry pan with olive oil and put on medium heat
- Dice up a small onion and put in pan (you may also want to chop up a garlic clove)
- Drop in the potatoes, shake in some salt and pepper
- If you like add a dash of cheyenne pepper and parsley
- Add a few dashes of paprika
Keep stirring the mix until browned to taste (add a little olive oil to avoid burning). Takes about 20-30 minutes-- this can be done in advance. While the hashbrowns are browning start the eggs
Here's what to do for the eggs:
Assume two eggs per person (one for small kids)
- Put in a bowl and whisk (beat)
- Add a dash of salt and pepper
- Add a dash of milk
You now have the base-- time to get fancy (use ingredients individually or mix and match if you choose):
- Diced tomatoes and finely chopped onions (if the onions are small enough the kids won't notice them, but they will love the taste)
- Fresh chopped chives
- A teaspoon or two of sour cream
- Chopped mushrooms
- Chopped peppers
- Diced sliced ham
- Cheese-American, Cheddar, Swiss, Munster, Jarlsberg, etc. (Any one or mix)
In a Teflon fry pan coated with Pam or butter on medium heat-- mix in ingredients and stir for several minutes until done.
You can also add toast, bacon, and/or sausages.
For $3-5 ingredients and some time, you just saved $15-25. Furthermore, you are guaranteed to impress and be a hero to your family.
This post originally appeared on DivorcedDadFrugalDad.com, here is the link to the original post: Sunday Brunch Idea: Scrambled Eggs and Homemade Hashbrowns.
Like this post? Check out the related posts for more information. You can also get email notification of new posts in your email by subscribing. Your email address won't be used for any other purpose than to send you notification of a new post.
Welcome to DaddyCooksQuick.com