Emergency Preparedness: Could You Drop Out of Sight for a While?
Lately, I have asked myself if I could drop out of sight for a while if I had to. If you had a stalker pursuing you-- could you disappear?
I know this sounds strange, but what if you had to become scarce? What would you do? Consider these ideas:
- A plane or a boat might be helpful, but that requires training and resources
- A second residence-- remote and distant if possible
- A hunting camp in the wilderness-- do you have wilderness near you? Can you camp?
- A mobile home of some sort-- go anywhere and move in a moment's notice
- A drop or cache to pickup supplies and resources
Do you need to disappear? Probably not, but if you had to-- have you thought it out?
Here are some reasons you might need to disappear:
- Dealing with a stalker or other disturbed individual
- Wrongfully accused of a crime and needing time to consult an attorney
- Political persecution
Again, you may not need it, but could you do it?
Thank you for visiting the Self Reliance Workshop and come back soon for more . . . follow me on Twitter atSelfRelianceWS, DvrcdDadFrglDad, and Surfcasting2Day.
Like this post? Check out the related posts for more information. You can also get email notification of new posts in your email by subscribing. Your email address won't be used for any other purpose than to send you notification of a new post.
Life Under Dictatorship
Dealing With Life Under Dictatorship
Leaving a Life Under Dictatorship
Going Underground in a Life Under Dictatorship
Low Profile Living in Life Under Dictatorship
Blending In to Life Under Dictatorship
Self Reliance and the Whole You . . .
A Horse, a Horse, My Kingdom For a Horse . . .
What Happened to Self Sufficiency?
Relationships in the Self Reliant Lifestyle
Become a Utilitarian Minimalist!
Polymaths Rejoice! Self Reliance is Obtainable
DDFD believes that self reliance and self sufficiency are the roads to individual freedom. He is dedicated to living a quality life through frugality, personal growth and productivity, and defensive entrepreneurship. He also enjoys cooking from scratch and fishing.